Monday, September 20, 2010

Person
Assignment on proper graph construction. Slap/Goodies/Slap
I wonder if people who are complete pricks wake up in the morning and decide, I’m going to be arrogant and rude to everyone I meet today. Or is it a severe chemical imbalance and they don’t even realize they are lowering the happy factor of the entire human race? Chuck T. is one such prick and because I hate him so much I decided in his case it’s a choice. Chuck was the crane tagger and rigger on the shored vessel we worked on and his job was to make sure the crane loaded and unloaded materials for the crews to work with. All the time he did this, he made it a point to make ignorant comments to the crews, talking shit about how they were doing their jobs, how he’d have done it better, making fun of peoples clothing or tools. Even when people where nice to him he responded with venomous disdain and condescension. I never spoke to Chuck because I didn’t need his services. The one and only time I did was because a very young and simple co-worker of mine was trying to make Chuck’s job easier by sorting materials for off load into groups. He asked Chuck where he’d like the plywood stacked and Chuck’s response, “Put it in the scale pan you fucking retard!” I blew my top and got right in Chuck’s grill and stated, “Listen F#$K-bag, I don’t know who the f#$K you think you are but this kids trying to help you in case you didn’t notice. Now either get a glass stomach or dig your head out of your ass because the next time I hear you giving shit to anybody on this deck I’ll gladly lose my job by laying you the f#$k out!” Chuck tried to reply but I’d had enough. “No, shut the f#$k up. Go tell your boss, my boss or God himself that I threatened you. If you ain’t gonna do that, then just shut up and do your f#$king job!” That’s where we left it and the last time I heard news on Chuck T. he’d been fired when he was made to shave to enter a wood boiler and he dumped the clippings on the bosses desk.

1 comment:

  1. "f#$king" Salty talk, eh?

    :)

    If I'm in a shy mood, I prefer fricking, frippin, frickin, frackin, or floppin, but actually, I'm not that shy a guy usually....

    Sometimes I'm in a situation where I want to say "motherf#$ker" but will use 'Yankeelover' as the best synonym I know.

    ;)

    Enjoyable story and a good example like that is definitely one way to make a character come alive. Works for me.

    ReplyDelete