Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Unique

I guess I'm a bit of a riddle even to myself. Sure I'm unique but probably not as special or peculiar as I may think I am. I sure am eclectic. I'm kind of a rough cut hill-billy in my appearance, with my scuffed up work boots or gum-rubbers, dirty tattered jeans, my pocketed tee and work shirt. I'm almost never seen without a dew rag on my head, or a hat if the situation calls for it. My face is usually scruffy and unkempt and a nice little battle scar across the bridge of my nose. It's rare to find me without my trusty Swiss army knife and a pen clipped to my tee-shirt.
I usually tend to come off real gruff and alpha male, but I'm a lot more complex and open than that. I enjoy all your manly-man activities; building, destroying, burning, drinking, fighting, cussing, welding. However I also like to read and study religions and cultures, I love animals to a point and the same goes for kids. I love music and comedy as much as I love silence and a good heated debate or argument. I'm not openly religious but I believe in a very strict moral and ethical code that has no religious foundation at all, it's just what makes sense to me.
My lifestyle and diet is attrocious. I don't take care of myself very well and my diet consists of coke, coffee, beer, smokes, and what ever the microwave has to offer. But when I get the chance to sit down to one of my wife's meals it's like heaven on Earth.
I love to do hard labor but I hope it pays off with a future job at a desk or in a classroom. I don't want to work hard till I die, I want to work hard now and less later. On the topic of work. I work hard most days but I get hit with a major case of the 'lazies' from time to time and make no excuses. I actually call them 'Shane Appreciation Days'.
Am I unique? Yeah I'm unique, just like everyone else.

1 comment:

  1. "I enjoy all your manly-man activities; building, destroying, burning, drinking, fighting, cussing, welding."

    Nice list! :)

    'Shane Appreciation Days'

    :) & :)

    ReplyDelete