Thursday, October 14, 2010

Contrast Intro Edit

Here we are again at another famous bonfire hosted by Chris, Jack and me. We have a burn every weekend we can during good weather. It’s dark enough to light the pile and we’re all well into the libations. I don’t even offer to touch the fire off, not that I’m not capable but I know it’s going to much more entertaining to watch Chris and Jack battle it out. Jack crumples up some paper and wood chips and strategically places them around and in the pile and starts to light each one of them with his high-end twin butane cigar lighter. Uh-oh here comes Chris with a large coffee tumbler. I know what’s in that cup and Jack would too but he’s not paying attention. With a casual toss, Chris lobs cup and all onto one of Jacks little paper fires and *Woosh*. Instantly the entire pile is crackling to life with fifteen foot flames. Jack jumps back starts checking to see if he’s on fire while Chris is howling with laughter. “How’d you like that Nancy?” Chris ribs. Jack just gives him a deadpan look, “You’re a fucking cave man you realize that?” These are my oldest and closest friends, and being my friend is pretty much it for similarities. I’ve known Jack for twenty-six years and Chris I’ve known for a lot less time of twenty-four years. As different as those two are it’s amazing they even admit to knowing each other let alone be best friends for so long. I often wonder if it’s an ‘opposites attract’ situation or a, ‘keep your friends close and enemies closer’ deal.

1 comment:

  1. Exactly. Just make sure you contrast them in three different ways and that each of them is in each support graf--2-3-4.

    ReplyDelete