Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Contrast Intros

Chris and Jack
Intro one
Chris and Jack are my oldest and closest friends, and being my friend is pretty much it for similarities. I’ve known Jack for twenty-six years and Chris I’ve known for a lot less time of twenty-four years. As different as those two are it’s amazing they even admit to knowing each other let alone be best friends for so long. I often wonder if it’s an ‘opposites attract’ situation or a, ‘keep your friends close and enemies closer’ deal.

Intro two
I’ve had the same two best friends for the last twenty-four years. Chris and Jack, I couldn’t ask for two better friends or two more polar opposite friends either. Whenever we all get together, I get the slight feeling I’m in a modern day episode of the odd couple. Chris is the true epitome of a rough and tumble redneck, where as Jack is culturally diverse and has the social manners of a noble. Oil, meet water.

2 comments:

  1. Both of these are the back half of intro grafs--what's missing is a real hook: some kind of story, visual, or other way to pull the reader into the writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe I can fix that :)

    ReplyDelete